For The Salad
● 300g Quinoa
● Handful of mixed leaves
● 15 cherry tomatoes
● 100g pecan nuts/walnuts
● 60g frozen edamame beans/frozen peas - thaw in hot water for 5-10 minutes, drain.
● Small bunch of fresh chive and mint
For The Dressing
● 3 tablespoons tamari
● 3 tablespoons olive oil
● 2 tablespoons lemon juice
● ½ teaspoon salt
● ½ teaspoon pepper
● Cook the quinoa in 600ml water in a pot on a high heat. Bring to the boil with the lid on once it boils, move the lid so the steam can escape and simmer till all the water has evaporated.
● Remove from the heat and leave aside with the lid on for 5-10 minutes till the quinoa puffs up. Allow quinoa to cool fully before mixing salad.
● Chop the cherry tomatoes in half and defrost the edamame beans/peas by leaving to sit in a bowl of warm water for 10 minutes. Whisk the dressing together in a cup with a fork or with a whisk in a jug.
● Add all salad ingredients for the salad in a large bowl and dress with the dressing.
● Top tip: If you are making this ahead of time, we recommend leaving the dressing until just before you serve it, as it will keep better this way.