● 2 frozen bananas
● 1 orange, peeled
● 1 cup (250 mL) plant-based milk*
● 1 handful (30 g) fresh spinach
● ½ cup (50 g) frozen raspberries
● ¼ raw beetroot, peeled
● ¼ cup (60 mL) plant-based yogurt* (we used coconut)
● 1-inch chunk fresh ginger
● 1 Tbsp (15 mL) nut butter (we used peanut butter)
For optional toppings
● Granola, homemade like this one or store-bought
● Coconut flakes
● Fresh berries
● Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend on high until smooth.
● Pour into bowls, top with granola, fresh berries, toasted coconut, or any other desired toppings.
1. Storage: best if enjoyed right away.
2. *Nutrition tip: try to use a plant-based milk that is fortified with calcium (offers approximately 120 mg calcium per 100 mL serving). If you want to read more on calcium, check out our article here.