For the salad
● 50g pea shoots
● ½ medium avocado, cut into large dice
● ¼ red onion, finely sliced
● 50g fresh English strawberries, cut into half
For the fish
● 125g trout fillet
● ½ juice of 1 lemon
● 1 tsp floral mustard
● 1 clove of garlic, crushed
● 1 tbsp olive oil
(Top Tip – After marinating, the trout can be pan-fried, baked or even poached. And, if you can’t find trout, salmon is a great substitute.)
For the basil oil
● 20g lemon or normal basil
● 50ml fruity olive oil (we use the Gay Farmer)
● ½ tsp Maldon salt
● Prepare the marinade by mixing together the mustard, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice and marinate the trout for at least 15 min.
● Slice the red onion and soak in a bowl of iced water in the fridge for 15 minutes.
● In the meantime, prepare the basil oil by blitzing the basil with the oil and salt in a small food processor. You may need to add a little more oil to ensure that it is not too thick.
● Arrange the washed pea shoots on a plate, topped with the strawberry halves, avocado and red onion.
● Heat a large non-stick pan and pan-fry the trout for about 3 minutes on each side or until fully cooked
● Arrange onto the salad and drizzle with the basil oil.